Friday 1 November 2013

Creativity and the night of the famous barber DOEP

I came upon an Artists competition whilst Googeling the other day that is hosted by ABSA Bank. The competition is calledL’Atelier, it is a competition for new up and coming young Artists and the three prizes that can be won is more than just amazing. I have already decided that I will be entering this competition, closing date is only the first week in March 2014 I have more than enough time to find the right skull and come up with an amazing design for my creation. I would love to win one of the prizes, all prizes include some sort of a trip to study at an Art institution,  it could be in America (LA), France or Italy. Prizes include payment of the tuition and also a flat for the duration of your studies and some spending moola and of course you would be a part of the grand exhibition hosted by ABSA at the end of the competition.

Since the separation from my ex husband I have had a tremendous urge again to become creative I have always found that at times when things were a bit rough and tough I could lose myself easily when I through myself into creating art work or reading. Reading has taken a step back especially after my Kindell broke – one of those joys of having kids. Luckily I am not attached to my earthly possessions, I don’t really have any and I have made peace about ten years ago with the fact that for as long as I have young children in my midst nothing I own is mine to keep as it is inevitable that the kids will f@#$ck it up.

As soon as I started my new life I immediately through myself into creating art pieces, mostly just for the fun of it after all I now had “me time” for the first time in 15 years, and it kept my mind off things in life that had actually stressed me out too much. Also every single art work I ever created had found itself into someone’s home and had brought smiles to the owners faces  and some great reviews had been given to me, I absolutely love it when people see my work and praise me for the beauty and quality of it. My first art work I start upon the journey of finding myself again was a pencil drawing, it took a couple of months to finish for the mere fact that midway I stopped working on it for no real reason, I only finished it the night before my birthday party, this art work was displayed the night of my party next to where the Dj’s was spinning the decks.

Pencil Drawing

The night before my birthday party was of course the same night of the famous haircut Doep gave Snoot. Snoot, had come to visit me for the weekend at Bob’s house and of course we were having a grand old visit. Hours and hours had passed, it must have been about four in the morning, I had just finished my drawing when I realised what time it is and that I was planning on having my hair shaved 8 hours ago. Snoot’s hair had been looking a bit kak itself a bit like Beetle Juice to long on the sides. I had suggested Snoot shaves a bit off the sides to avoid looking like that Beatle juice Character as it is he has at least one security guard following him when he enters ANY shop. He wasn’t too keen but then Doep had mentioned his dad was the barber of the army in his days and he knew how to give a haircut.

With my clippers ready Doep who has not had any sleep in 5 nights, Snoot having spent three and a half hours not so long ago giving me a lekka tattoo of a raven and who is also now suffering a  lack of sleep, the sha-vathon kicked off. Doep went ahead and not only shaved Snoot’s hair all round, but he had cut him a new f@#cking hairline!! Snoot’s haircut in short was almost the end of my life! Hoe later hoe kwater – By the time Snoot had sat another 6 hours to tattoo Trevor and Mary (Who I had met at Aruba Lounge) he thought his main job for the remainder of the evening was to show me right in my face every two minutes the new hairline, compliments from Doep.

I practically had to beg Snoot to stay away from me. I was either going to die laughing or I was going to piss myself – neither one of these two seemed like my idea of fun on my bestest ever birthday party. I had ended up a curled in a foetal position about 2 meters from the bathroom for what felt like at least half an hour.

On the following occasion that the time came for Snoot to have a haircut he had left it in my hands. Just like me, Snoot also loves DIE ANTWOORD, we sit and listen to their music, rap to their lyrics and piss ourselves as we do so. We keep on agreeing, some of the best ever lyrics to ever hit the Afrikaans music scene. We can relate, he gets them like me and some other like-minded people I know. Snoot wants a haircut like Ninja, most important we need to get rid of that very weird looking hairline Doep had shaved and make it less noticeable.

So the beginning to the zef haircut starts. I shave it with sheer perfection, I have a very steady hand and if it can be so steady whilst I paint, shaving won’t be a problem. And the results as expected was perfect indeed, another two or so shaves and snoot will have a true Ninja haircut. I also like Yolandi Visser’s haircut, but I have already shaved all my hair off and must say I am completely happy leaving it this way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment