Thursday 31 October 2013

Exhibition, keeping the ball rolling

I had met Lionel Mulcott today when I dropped off my CV (as I called it Artists Info..) that was needed to accompany my creations for the exhibition. When he opened the door I knew straight away who he was, the man who had invited me to be a part of the exhibition. He looked like an Artist, well aged with a long grey beard. He had a gentle voice, gentle smile and wore glasses. Hippy looking a lot like me – I already like this man J. After I introduced myself I had asked him to see his art work he will be putting up for display for the exhibition, and just like me his subject matter seen to have been of everyday life, his son listening to his music with earphones and one very beautiful self portrait done with acrylic. I also got to meet another artist that will be displaying her work, Wanita – she does the most amazing collages with paint, textiles and pencil. She cuts out the pictures and then she mounts them between 2 pieces of glass with little clamps on the side, I cannot wait t show these to my friends and family that will be joining me on the opening night, something unusual and very pleasing to the eye.

I contacted my Hindi brother Bevan to let him know my web page was up and running (Laarnie  AKA –SNOOT and from here-on out I will refer to my young boet as that: SNOOT) still needs to upload the photographs of my creations,  so is my blog and my Facebook Page. I now need him and
My-Lanie to start work on my Google Adwords. I could not have asked anyone better to help me out with this. The Google master and her sidekick who is also known as Bevan EQ behind the decks.
Bevan& me rocking the OMD Agency of the Year Pa-ty

Bevan has mixed some awesome sets over the past few years that we have worked close together I have heard every single one of them and this boy deserves to have his dream come true. Playing for a crowd of a few thousand having them move to every beat that he creates. In the near future I will help my brother live that dream. With all this living laughing and creativeness flowing through me it has rubbed off on the brew master and it seems like soon we will be throwing a big party, Bevan EQ will future as one of the DJ’s for sure! Another possible two DJ’s if they are keen, one of those I know am will also join. Terry Shaman (Skateboarder of note, see the little boys going on about that old toppie on his deck), who also had won a 4th place at the Maloof cup in Kimberley this year in the amateur performance – Well done CAVEMAN! And DJ Pat (Patrick Opperman) who was introduced to me by Terry, Terry said Patrick had taught him how to mix decks. I have for many years not heard such quality beats be dropped by anyone.
Patrick
Terry AKA - Caveman

Whilst I am on the subject of music our Lucian have also promised us a night with his decks. He plays we dance... I have for the first time the other night got the beat, it was amazing... Music, wow, wow, wow!!  In the past years I have met a handful of people that seemed to get more ( a deeper meaning to music) than I had, I have seen this on the dance floor, but I have never questioned people about this. One night not so long ago I got it, dancing has always been one of my favorite things to do, even when it comes to cleaning house. Now I dance, with no effort, the music flows through me and I don’t think I will ever get tired of doing it.  Best of all is I found someone that I can only hope will dance with me just like that until the end of time.





No comments:

Post a Comment