Friday 1 November 2013

The Home Brew Shop, Setting up

I have also done some paintings/collages it came out awesome, Snoot had asked me if he could hang it in his studio, and of course I said with the greatest of pleasure J I also have a bag full of new oil paints that I have not touched, but when the right time comes and the inspiration hits me I know I can just drag out the canvas and start painting.




More great news after deciding to set up studio in Emmarentia on the premises of the Home Brew shop, the opportunity was given to Snoot to join into a new venture and move his studio into the same premises. The shop is a double up, two shops one space. We have used the one side up until now as a lounge and on weekends it gets used for people to attend a course on making home brewed beer. Being taught the art of brewing by one of the top five brewing minds in all of South-Africa, a self confessed hippie and at times a philosopher with endless witty jokes is more than just enjoyable. And by word of mouth there are people coming more frequently from afar to attend these courses, it just speaks for itself definitely one of the things most boys can add to their bucket list.

The home Brew shop has been situated in Emmarentia for 63 years! Same spot, same family owned. Not only does this shop supply and teach you everything you need know to brew beer, they can also do that for wine and cheese making. In the time I have spent here over the last couple of weeks I have picked on some import things that I think most of you don’t know about. I will give some examples:
1: If you brew your own beer it is completely free from preservatives and you can keep the beer you brew FOREVER! It will never go bad!
2: If you invest in the initial R960 for your beer kit you will be geared up with all the instruments needed to brew beer and your first brew ingredients, thereafter you will only pay R160 for every brew you would like to make. Every brew produces 50 bottles of beer!
3: The shop owner is available 24/7 to answer and help customers with quries – Customer Care like you have not seen before!
4: God forbid you screw up the brew, you can bring in the what would have been beer and have it turned in to whiskey.

5: There are too many people in this world that does not understand the rule – DON’T OPEN THE BUCKET!  If you do this whilst the brew is in the bucket you are pretty much screwed, it amazes me how many people does not listen to this instruction..... Curiosity killed the cat, or in this instance brew.


Pretty Hops

No comments:

Post a Comment