Tuesday 26 November 2013

Renovating & Trance Festivals

Today is the day of operation move in. It was so nice to see Snoot here bright and early. We had us some tea and had a look at my ad serving stats and then once we were done Snoot started the big job of tiling the section of the shop he was going to use for his tattoo studio. Sometimes that boetie of mine can really impress me. For someone who never laid a tile in his life, he did a hell of a good job! I also emailed a place called the Brow eyed Boy who sources art for clients and productions etc. I had hardly sent out that mail and I received a reply. Thsepo is crazy about what I do. He has asked me if he could add my skull creations on to their website! So more business coming in soon!

Again, another week has seen its ass! Friday already! Alex, Snoot and my-self worked really hard this week to renovate the shop. I was confident everything would be done by today, but unfortunately we haven’t managed to completely finished. Tuesday was Jackie’s mom’s funeral (R.I.P Tannie Marta), Thursday I had to sit at the gallery for the day as my “pay-back” for displaying my work at the gallery. Lionel came around to take some photographs of both my creations for the Jozi Artist Club Facebook Page. He has sent me the link of their Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/lionel.murcott/media_set?set=a.601749996550916.1073741829.100001477648775&type=1

Die Antwoord skull mounted in it's full glory

Shongololo Studio featured on the Design Tabloid a couple of days ago. Since then I had a couple of more likes on Facebook and people following my blog


Two weekends ago Alex and I decided to go to a trance festival just outside Dullstroom – I haven’t been to a festival in about 12 years. It was amazing better than I could ever have expected. Alex and my-self closed shop at 2 on Saturday and headed off towards Mpumalanga. We arrived just as the sun was setting. That night a huge fire  burning on the mountains. The festival there weren’t too many people, about a thousand or so, the event was very well organised. Lucian and Chris had also met up with us there. It felt to me like I was at a proper carnival at times. I met so many beautiful people! Andre, Chris Palmer, Jordan Jourran, my bergie maatjie and many many more. We ate pooitjiekos and LOADS of ice cream.  Ice cream more icea cream, pancakes (also supplied by the Pooitjikos dude) and waffles like none I ever had before. Danced until we dropped and then on Monday we headed back home. Thank you Alex, another adventure for us to remember, it was an awesome weekend in deed. .

There is only one...

DJ Chris Palmer & Jerry Jourdan xoxox

It has been a week since we started renovating the Home Brew Shop. What I thought would take a week now seems like I miss judged by at least two. The dry walling used to separate one section of the shop in order to make an office has come down. The shop looks much bigger. It felt to me while we were breaking down walls and going through 63 years worth of shit, that we were treasure hunting! We found so many old things but I must admit my favourite find was boxes and boxes full of old post stamps. So I have decided to start a new hobby – Post stamp collection. I have managed to start cataloguing some stamps and realised quickly this will be a L-O-O-O-O-NG term project. I have thus far sorted only a cell phone box full of stamps. It took me about 4 hours. I have already found 4 stamps worth 35 Euros!

Long term project 








No comments:

Post a Comment